Key Skills of a Full Stack Web Developer
When talking about software engineering, one can’t fail to mention the place of a Full Stack Web Developer – this is an expert that deals with everything in relations to web applications including databases, server and client systems engineering, as well as related solutions.
To fully understand the concept of full stack web development, one need to get a grasp of what frontend web development and backend web development are.
What is Frontend Web Development?
These languages will help the frontend web developer efficiently manipulate everything that is actually see on a website including the layout, the positioning of text and images, colors, fonts, buttons etc., making it appealing, effective and very presentable.
What is Backend Web Development?
Backend web development also known as server-side development deals with the server and database of web applications. This include everything that is not seen by users, behind-the-scenes activities that occur when performing any action on a website.
What Is Full Stack web development?
A Full Stack Web Developer handles both the Back End/server side of a web application as well as the Front End/client side of a web application. This simply means that a Full Stack Web Developer is both a front end and back end developer and must have skills in a wide variety of coding niches, from databases to graphic design and UI/UX management in order to do their job well.
Full Stack Web Developers have a broad skill set and extensive knowledge base which take years of experience in web development to earn. Here are some of the skill set a web developer needs to be fully address as a full stack web developer:
Essential Skills Required of a Full Stack Web Developer
- Basic design ability: Developers must have basic design techniques including UI/UX design and its prototypes – as it is important for achieving very neat and user-friendly websites that is appealing to users.
- Database knowledge: web applications need database to store data that are generated from the webpages. A full web stack developer must have in-depth knowledge of database including relational databases, NoSQL databases, and memory storage and should be able to design, understand, and manipulate database queries.
- Version Control System (VCS): Version control software such as Git and GitHub help development term keep track of every modification of their code in a special kind of database to help fix the mistake while minimizing disruption. Knowledge of Git allow Full stack developers keep track of all the changes made in codebase.
- Web architecture: full stack web developer must possess the fundamental knowledge of web architecture including code structure, data structure, file separation, and perform the necessary computational tasks.
- HTTP/HTTPS and REST: HTTP/HTTPS is the protocol necessary for communicating with the client, while REST acts as a translator between the frontend and the backend of the web application. Full Stack Developers must be good with both because they are both necessary for full web stack development.
Full stack software development is an aspect of software engineering that covers different types of software including web applications, mobile application, native applications, among others. We are experts at every aspect of software engineering with a wealth of experienced full stack web developers, and we guarantee a successful and value oriented software product for divers business needs.