Loyalty and buying behaviors of customers depend heavily on the level of satisfaction they experience with a business, which is why “user or customer” experience remains a primary concern in a highly competitive ecosystem as seen in this era of digital operations or transformations. It is therefore of necessity to continually enhance customer experience to offer the best, if not, the business is likely to fall behind competitively.
Customer service has gone beyond the domain of humans. Advancements in digital technologies have driven a paradigm shift in the way businesses interact with their customers. Due to the limited opportunities to satisfy customers on a person-to-person level, machine learning is now in widespread use by a variety of modern enterprises.
What is Machine Learning
Machine Learning (ML) is a subset of the field of Artificial Intelligent (AI) that study computer algorithms which improve automatically through experience and by the use of data. Even though both terms – AI and ML are often use interchangeably, they both are distinct technologies.
Machine learning can as well be seen as an algorithm or Artificial Intelligence (AI) application that enables systems to automatically learn and improve from experience – without explicitly being programmed to do so.
With ML, application can be given a specific data set to focus on, and the more it’s used, the smarter and more accurate the results will be, given a unique opportunity that opens the door for an elevated level of marketing customization
Ways ML Enhances Customer Experience
- Personalization: ML offers superior personalized experiences for customers and prospects.
- Efficient Assistance: with the aid of machine learning capabilities, customers can express what they need assistance with through their natural language and words.
- Improve customer analytics: Machine learning gather data from customers and uses it to predict behavioral patterns and various trends.
- People – Products matching: with ML, e-commerce platform can provide fine-tuned recommendations based on things like where customer will be going or how the weather will be.
- Improves customer experiences: Machine learning programs remember and learn from past experiences with customers leading to a continuous fine-tuning the ability to provide customer service.
Machine learning can help businesses build a robust personalized customer experience, enhance overall security as well as the delivery of highly personalized levels of service – which makes machine learning an indispensable tool for providing more efficient customer service.