Cloud computing is becoming increasingly important for all companies. Although lot of small and medium sized enterprises still use only traditional servers without adopting any cloud services, SMBs are very open to factors that can potentially affect their smooth functioning, unlike large enterprises that have deep pockets and capacity to absorb shocks.
Cloud computing can be seen as the availability of remote servers as well as computing power – that allows access to shared applications, storage and other computing resources by way of an internet-based facility. The value which cloud solutions add to an organization of any size is definitely remarkable. In the case of small businesses however, these advantages can be overwhelming.
Advantages of Cloud Computing for Small and Medium Business
The importance of cloud computing in business organizations is not just for the large enterprises. In contrast to this, the solution is one of the few ground breaking technologies that is equally accessible to both small, medium and large sized businesses – removing entry barriers for SMBs and provides a level playing ground to a great extent.
Cloud computing improves cash flow, increases efficiency and offers many other advantages, including the list below:
- Flexibility: cloud computing makes accessing virtual resources like protected storage, web applications, or redundant firewalls easier, given any relatively small business an upper hand.
- Data Security: the cloud not only protects data from breaches – which is affecting companies a lot, but also back up data from any possible data disaster.
- Scalability and Reliability: SMEs can strategize a steady and planned growth by the use of cloud computing because of the fact that cloud services are highly scalable and reliable and can easily be scale up to the next level of services.
- Affordable Pricing: Cloud computing eliminates the need to buy expensive hardware and software as well as offering a pay-as-you-go option, making the services extremely affordable. This gives SMEs the most compelling reason to adopt cloud computing.
- Collaboration: cloud computing make collaboration between teams much easier, now teams can access, edit and share documents anywhere.
- Business Continuity (BC): SMBs are very susceptible to factors that can potentially affect the smooth running of their businesses – cloud computing provides unrivaled Business Continuity to SMBs at a fraction of the costs of starting up such mechanisms on premise.
For a small to medium sized business, it is not always realistic to setup servers for business on premises. Leveraging the benefits of cloud solution gives SMEs the same upper hand just as those of the large enterprises – provides cloud based solutions for business entities, regardless of their size or industry in which they operate.