Digital Product Engineering at Its Best
While companies are making efforts to improve their digital experiences as well as meet customers’ expectations, digital product engineering has proven to suffice in aligning such efforts towards a definite goal or end.
Digital products can be any digital applications, platforms, or a combination of hardware and software that provides immersive development experiences while enhancing the overall product that are delivered to customers.
The expectations of consumers keep on evolving with time while businesses are looking for better ways to keep up and deliver products as customers expect – digital product evolution is one of the best ways businesses can develop products that customers would love and want to buy, giving room to create value and provide more customer satisfaction.
What is Digital Product Engineering?
Digital product engineering is a branch of software engineering which invloves a bulk of work especially when it comes to creating and launching new products to the market as they often require the expertise of digital consultancy service providers to aid the alignment of goals with product development processes.
Digital product engineering is therefore, a tech-enabled advancement in the development of digital solutions which involves the creation, verification and validation of processes required to ensure the delivery of an accurate and optimal product to the market or user ecosystem.
Hence, digital product engineering tasks cut across various phases of digital solutions development, leading processes from cradle to grave and also taking a good grasp on digital recycling, evolution or digital transformation.
Different Phases of Digital Product Engineering
- Conceptualization: This is the initial stage, which involves conceiving the idea and at the same time identifying the specifications and requirements needed. Another important part of this stage is the feasibility study of the idea where, based on the findings of the study, businesses can refine the idea to suit the market needs.
- Design: Once the concept is finalized, the next phase is to bring the concept to life. This stage involves creating an intuitive user experience by UI and UX designers, as well as creating roadmaps – which are graphic displays of information, where the whole journey from drafting to releasing is reflected.
- Prototyping: Prototyping helps to create a replica of the final product. There are available technologies that can help in creating quick prototypes or wireframes for apps in a short time. With prototyping businesses can test features and functions to discover how products shall work and helps to determine if the final product meets regulations, environmental and quality standards.
- Product Development: A sound prototype provides the confidence needed for the product development and delivery. This stage supports businesses to develop the best products and the launch of the product, which can be done in different growth levels or versions including pilot testing, Alpha/beta release, and minimum viable product (MVP) version.
- Product Launching: At this stage, digital product is ready to go to the market and occupy a specific niche. Although, this is the moment every product owner dreams of, however, market launch itself is not a simple task, it involves a set of activities aimed at embracing a vast audience for the digital product.
Benefits of Digital Product Engineering
- Aligns with the speed of innovation
- Quick availability of prototypes for user testing
- Faster products time to market
- Boost customer satisfaction
- Improve ROI
- Reduce development cost
- Ensures scalability
- Enable Business Continuity
Not having the right digital experience and technical expertise has been a barrier to businesses that want to build profitable and sustainable products. However, this barrier in no longer that great since the evolution of digital product engineering.
Companies, businesses or organizations can leverage the expertise of digital product engineering service providers such as Podtech, who are helping technology-intensive companies across various industries and geographies explore new technologies to build outstanding and sustainable digital products.