#1 Cloud Management Services at Its Best
Cloud management services are organized coordination, control, administration and maintenance of public cloud, private cloud, or hybrid (public and private) cloud computing infrastructure, services, products and resources.
Cloud computing is increasingly being adopted by Organizations, who are taking advantage of the cloud to reduce the high upfront investments needed for on-site infrastructure. These cloud environments including public cloud, private cloud, or hybrid cloud offer on-demand availability of data storage and computing power needed by organizations in handling high volumes of data and growing demand for application access and services.
As IT organizations increasingly deploy more applications into the cloud, there is an increased necessity for structured cloud management services or processes that would enable them monitor their cloud-based applications for compliance and security, to enable workflow automation while driving concise decision-making and cost savings.
Importance of Cloud Management Services
The low cost of deployment associated with cloud services gave rise to IT organizations deploying more and more applications into the cloud birthing issues like:
- efficient security monitoring process
- data feeds monitoring
- capacity management
- compliance status maintenance
All these and more are issues organizations have to worry about as they take more advantage of the cloud. Putting a very strong cloud management system in place gives IT teams a firm hold of their cloud computing environments.
Cloud management services combine different technologies and products in the delivery and management of cloud infrastructure, applications, data, services and access control – giving their cloud administrator benefits including automate processes, access resources and monitor utilization and cost.
Software developers have deigned variety of cloud management platforms and tools in response to the cloud management need which include native tools offered by public cloud providers as well as third-party tools designed to provide consistent functionality across multiple cloud providers.
A good Cloud-management platforms and tools should provide the following functionalities:
- Orchestrated workflows and management of workloads.
- Process automation capability.
- Create, modify, and delete resources.
- Enforce security configurations.
- Performing requests from users to access and deploy cloud resources.
- Monitoring and logging.
- Migration, backup, and Data recovery.
Cloud Management Services Component
- Automation and orchestration: cloud management services include orchestration or automation tools which can help IT organizations boost operational efficiencies, accelerate application deployment and reduce any human error through the reduction of the repetitive, manual work involve in managing cloud workloads.
- Security Management: major public cloud vendors including Google, AWS and Microsoft, among others, continue to invest in their services and improve cloud security but they still do not take full responsibility to keep cloud data safe. Cloud users must however understand their shared responsibility in the cloud to protect their data and must remain on guard against security threats which could be achieve through a proper cloud management services.
- Governance and Compliance: cloud providers’ services must comply with regulations that involve data transparency, they however wrestle with regulations that govern how they can use personal data. Cloud providers like Amazon, Google and Microsoft among others, offer resource portals to guide customers through the compliance process to help handle the challenge of ensuring customers’ compliance when they use these platforms.
- Performance Monitoring: IT organizations must find a way to manage their applications in the cloud to achieve peak application performance. While there is no single architecture that can guarantee peak performance for every application, implementing a good cloud management strategy will go a long way in helping IT firm identify ways of boosting their cloud performance.
- Cost Management: Cloud computing costs can get out of hand if they are not managed well from the start. It is therefore very essential for organizations to include cost management as a part of cloud management strategy, by bringing the right balance between cost and enterprise needs.
The success of any cloud management strategy depends not only on the adequate use of tools and automation but also on having a competent IT staff in place. At podtech, we can also help you properly setup these tools and technologies to achieve a functional cloud management services.